- 2 lb mix drumsticks and thighs
- 1½ tbsp avocado oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into small chunks
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup water
Optional: 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- Add oil to a hot skillet over medium-high flame. When oil gets hot, swirl the pan to cover the bottom.
- Add garlic, onion and ginger (optional) and sauté until fragrant and soft (2-4 mins). Add chicken and cook until browned (4-5 mins).
- Add soy sauce, potatoes, pepper, and bay leaves and stir until well-mixed. Add vinegar (DO NOT MIX) and cover the skillet with a lid. Wait until the contents reach a boil before stirring.
- Once the contents come to a boil, gently stir and add water. Cover with lid again and simmer for 20-25 mins or until the chicken and potatoes are thoroughly cooked and sauce is slightly reduced.
- The color should be a deep, dark brown and taste slightly tangy.
Serve with steamed rice–ENJOY!