- 2 lb pork shoulder, cubed
- 1½ tbsp avocado oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup vinegar
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp whole peppercorn
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup string beans, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- Add oil to a hot skillet over medium-high flame. When oil gets hot, swirl the pan to cover the bottom.
- Add garlic, onion and sauté until fragrant and soft (2-4 mins). Add pork and brown on top and bottom (4-5 mins).
- Add coconut milk, soy sauce, pepper, peppercorns, and bay leaves and stir until well-mixed. Add vinegar (DO NOT MIX) and cover the skillet with a lid.
- Once the contents come to a boil, gently stir and add water. Cover with lid again and slow-simmer for 1 hour or until the pork is tender and sauce is slightly reduced.
- A few minutes before serving, add long beans and cook until tender.
- The color should be a medium-to-dark brown and taste creamy + slightly tangy.
Serve with steamed rice–savor + enjoy!