- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- 1½ cups onions, chopped
- ½ cup shallots, finely chopped
- 1lb fresh cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2½ teaspoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2½ teaspoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1½ tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- crème fraîche
- fresh cracked pepper
Serve with (optional)
- toasted sourdough bread or baguette
- Melt the butter in a dutch oven over medium heat. Saute onions and shallots for 6-7 minutes.
- Add cremini mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Add thyme, dill, and smoked paprika and cook for 1 minute.
- Add white wine and cook until liquid has reduced by about half. Add soy sauce and vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add milk and flour and whisk until well combined. Pour into soup and stir to combine. Cook for another 15 minutes, stir every few minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, lemon juice, parsley and crème fraîche. Stir to combine.
- Ladle into bowls and serve. Enjoy