- 2-2½ lb rack of St. Louis style ribs
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- 1¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp pimenton or smoked paprika
- ¾ cup BBQ sauce
- In a small bowl add salt, pepper and pimenton. This will be your rub.
- Remove membrane from rack*
- Generously season ribs with rub and marinate for at least 3-4 hours. Best if marinated overnight.
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Place ribs on a baking sheet and into oven once preheat is complete.
- Cook for 3 hours.
- At the 3 hour mark, increase oven heat to 275° and brush ribs with bbq sauce. After 15 mins, add another coat of bbq sauce to the ribs. Cook for another 15 mins and remove from oven.
- Optional: For nice, slightly crisp ribs, switch oven setting to broil. Place ribs on top rack (if broiler is at the top of oven) and cook for 1-2 mins. Keep an eye on the ribs so as to not burn them. 8.Remove from oven and let rest for 25 minutes before slicing.