- 3 tablespoons butter + 1 teaspoon for greasing
- 2½ tablespoons light-flavored honey
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 ounces unsalted pistachios, deshelled
- Flaky salt for topping
- Candy thermometer
- Rolling pin
- Parchment paper
- Lay out two pieces of parchment paper and grease with 1 teaspoon of butter.
- In a deep saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, honey, sugar, and water and bring to a low simmer.
- Use a heat-proof spatula to keep a constant stir for 3 minutes.
- Add cinnamon and fit pan with a candy thermometer.
- Stir every minute until temperature reaches 300°F
- Remove from heat and stir in salt and baking soda. Mixture will bubble and foam, as expected.
- Add pistachios and stir, making sure there are no thick clumps and nuts are thoroughly coated.
- Quickly + carefully pour mixture onto one piece of parchment paper and try to pour into a line.
- Place the second piece of parchment on top and use rolling pin to smooth out brittle. This part needs to be done quickly as the brittle will harden as it begins to cool. Try to get the brittle as thin as ⅛ of an inch.
- Remove top parchment paper, sprinkle with flaky salt and allow to cool completely.
- Break into pieces and store in an air-tight container.