- 2 tablespoons ghee or avocado oil
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced thin
- 2½ tablespoons ginger, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup red miso
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- ½ tablespoon fish sauce
- 1½ pound salmon fillet, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 4 cups lacinato kale, chopped
- kosher salt (if needed) and black pepper
- steamed rice
- lime wedges
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- In a large pot, Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, ginger and garlic and season with pepper. Stir occasionally, until softened, about 3 mins.
- Add miso and stir frequently until miso is lightly caramelized, about 2 mins.
- Add 2 cups of water, coconut milk, and fish sauce and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until liquid is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Lower heat to medium-low.
- Add kale and simmer until kale is soft, about 5 mins. Add salmon and simmer just until cooked through, 4 mins.
- Divide rice among bowls. Top with salmon curry and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing on top.