- 1 lb fuyu persimmons, peeled and cut into rough chunks
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½-1 cup cane sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 2-8 ounce sterilized jars
- Add peeled + chopped persimmons to a food processor and blend until pureed.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add persimmon puree, lemon juice, and cane sugar. Stir until combined.
- Keep a constant stir and cook until mixture thickens. Add cinnamon and nutmeg and cook for 10 minutes or until is noticeably thick in texture.
- Test the mixture to see if it has set. Place a dollop on a plate. With the back of a spoon run a line through the middle. If the persimmon butter stays parted, it's done. If the two lines move towards the middle, cook for an another 2-3 minutes and try he dollop test again.
- Add to jars and allow to cool.
- Persimmon butter will keep in the refrigerator for 10 days.