- 2 cups of water
- 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and smashed
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 2 cup sugar
- 1¾ cup vinegar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp flour
- Add ginger to the pan of water and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Reduce flame to medium and add ketchup. Stir well and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add sugar and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add vinegar and bring sauce to a boil. Cook for an additional 3-minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and flour with 3 tbsps of water. Pour into sweet + sour sauce mixture, a little at a time while mixing with your other hand. Continue adding cornstarch + flour mixture until you reach your desired consistency.
- Voila–now you have sweet + sour sauce to accompany your lumpia!
Place sauce in a sterilized bottle and keep in the refrigerator. Sauce will keep for 1-2 weeks.