- 1 lb boneless + skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoon avocado oil or ghee
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can Maesri Red Curry Paste or 5 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¾ cup chicken broth, I use Bonafide Provisions
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, rib removed, thinly sliced
- 1-14 ounce can full-fat coconut milk, I use Aroy-D
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
Toppings - optional
- Chopped cilantro
- In a skillet or dutch oven over medium high heat, add avocado oil and saute ginger and garlic until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add red curry paste and brown sugar and cook for 1 minute. Mix well with garlic + ginger mixture.
- Add chicken, chicken broth and coconut milk. Stir well and bring to a low rolling boil.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, lower the heat and cook until liquid slightly reduces, 8-10 minutes.
- Add fish sauce and stir. Add kaffir leaves and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve with Jasmine rice and top with chopped cilantro.