Beef and Daikon Radish Soup
By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:1 hour 40 minutes
- ¾ lb beef chuck steak, ½ inch thick slices
- 8 cups water
- ¾ lb daikon radish, cut into ¼ inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- ¼ cup garlic minced
- 4 green onion, white + green parts sliced
- jasmine rice
- sliced green onion
- Add water and daikon radish to a medium-sized dutch oven and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add sliced beef, fish sauce, soy sauce, garlic, and kosher salt. Bring to a boil, then lower to a to medium-high heat and cook for 45 minutes.
- Lower heat to a simmer, add green onion and cook an additional 25 minutes minutes on.
- Taste soup and adjust seasoning. Add more fish sauce and kosher needed.
- Serve with steamed jasmine rice on the side and top soup with sliced green onion.