Buttermilk Pumpkin Spice Waffles
By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:25 minutes
- Servings:8 waffles
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1½ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt (I use Diamond Crystal)
For Waffle Maker
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted for brushing
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 175°F and heat waffle iron.
- In a large mixing bowl add wet ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, add dry ingredients and whisk.
- Slowly pour dry ingredients into bowl with wet ingredients. Using a spatula, fold mixture until ingredients are well incorporated. Do not overmix. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Brush waffle iron with melted butter. Pour batter into waffle mold (amount will vary depending on waffle maker model).
- Cook until waffle maker indicates waffle is "cooked".
- Remove and place on a plate. Keep warm in oven until ready to eat.
- If making whipped mascarpone, see below. Otherwise top with butter, dusting of pumpkin pie spice, and maple syrup.
Optional - Whipped Mascarpone
- In a food processor, add all ingredients and process on “High” until mixture turns into a whipped texture. Place in a bowl and leave in refrigerator, covered until ready to use.
Have Extra Waffles You'd Like to Enjoy Later? See above note on how to properly store and freeze waffles.