Caramelized Ginger Pork
By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon ghee or avocado oil
- ⅓ cup shallots, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 pound ground pork (can use ground chicken thigh)
- 3½ tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce + more to taste
- ½ pound baby bok choy, lightly chopped
- steamed rice
- green onion, finely sliced
- sesame seeds
- cucumber, sliced
- Prepare your ingredients. Mince ginger and garlic, and dice onions. Rinse bok choy, disgarding any wilted or discolored leaves. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add ginger and garlic and sauté for 1 mins. Add onion and cook for an additional 2 mins.
- Add the pork and break up the meat with a wooden spoon. Cook for 3 mins or until meat is no longer pink.
- Add the brown sugar and fish sauce to the skillet and stir. Once ingredients are mixed, leave untouched to allow flavors to infuse and caramelize, 2-3 mins. Add bok choy. Stir mixture and cook until bok choy stems have a slight tenderness. Done!
Prepare Your Bowl
- Add rice, spoon in pork, top with green onion, seasame seeds, drizzle-drizzle sesame oil, and add cucumber along the side of the bowl–enjoy!