By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:20 minutes
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup shallots, finely chopped
- 1 red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon quality olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, Diamond Crystal brand
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, deveined, shell removed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1½ teaspoons quality olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Avocado oil spray
- Add shrimp to a bowl and season with kosher salt and pepper. Add remaining ingredients and toss until shrimp are seasoned throughout. Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Add all chimichurri ingredients to a bowl and mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill pan over medium-high heat. Spray with avocado oil spray and add shrimp. Cook each side for 3 minutes or until plump and cooked through.
- Remove shrimp from grill pan and place in a bowl.
- Toss half of the chimichurri mixture and add more until your desired amount of sauce is achieved. Serve immediately as an appetizer or with steamed jasmine rice.