Coconut and Pork Adobo
By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:1 hour 20 minutes
- Add oil to a hot skillet over medium-high flame. When oil gets hot, swirl the pan to cover the bottom.
- Add garlic, onion and sauté until fragrant and soft (2-4 mins). Add pork and brown on top and bottom (4-5 mins).
- Add coconut milk, soy sauce, pepper, peppercorns, and bay leaves and stir until well-mixed. Add vinegar (DO NOT MIX) and cover the skillet with a lid.
- Once the contents come to a boil, gently stir and add water. Cover with lid again and slow-simmer for 1 hour or until the pork is tender and sauce is slightly reduced.
- A few minutes before serving, add long beans and cook until tender.
- The color should be a medium-to-dark brown and taste creamy + slightly tangy.
Serve with steamed rice–savor + enjoy!