Com Do - Vietnamese Red Rice
By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:55 minutes
- 1½ cups jasmine rice
- 1½ tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2¼ cups water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon fish sauce
- Place rice in bowl and rinse under cold water until water turns clear. Drain well.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter using medium-high heat. Add rice and cook, stirring constantly until rice turns an opaque color, 2-4 mins.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add tomato paste and stir until tomato paste is thoroughly mixed with rice.
- Add water, fish sauce, and soy sauce and bring to boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low and cook for 20-mins or until water has evaporated and rice is cooked through.
- Fluff the rice with a fork before serving.