By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:1 hour
- Servings:25 crab rangoon
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup dungeness crab, shredded
- 1 ½ tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated,
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 1 egg, beaten and placed in a small bowl
- 25 wonton wrappers
- Add cream cheese, dungeness crab, chives, garlic, kosher salt, worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce in a mixing bowl. Use a fork to mix the ingredients well.
- Remove wontons from packaging and place under a kitchen towel to keep from drying out.
- Place one wonton wrapper on a clean surface. Place ½ tablespoon of filling on wrapper. Dip one finger in egg and trace the edges of wrapper with egg dipped finger.
- Bring all corners of the wrapper to the middle and smooth out the edges until you get a four-sided pyramid.
- In a dutch oven, add 1 inch of avocado oil and heat to 375°F carefully add wontons. I typically cook three at a time.
- Cook the bottoms first, then, as they begin to turn golden brown, flip them so that the tops cook through.
- Carefully remove from oil and place on paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve with preferred dipping sauce. Enjoy!