Crab and Shrimp Boil
By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:1 hour
- 3 ears of corn, halved
- 7 small red potatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter
- 1 ¾ tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 ½ tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 ¼ tsp onion powder
- 2 ¾ tsp lemon pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ cup garlic, chopped
- 8 oz bone broth
- ½ lemon, juiced + lemon slices for serving
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Dash of salt (optional)
- 1 lb shrimp, devined, shell on
- 2 lb snow crab
- 10 oz Pederson’s Natural Farms Kielbasa Sausage, sliced 1-inch diagonal pieces Before preparing ingredients, bring a stockpot half-filled with water to a boil
- Once water in stockpot comes to a boil, add potatoes. Once potatoes are halfway cooked (~10 minutes) add corn and cook for 10 mins. Add kielbasa sausage and cook for 2-3 minutes (if sausage is already precooked). Once potatoes, corn and sausage are cooked, remove from stockpot and add to sauce mixture (when ready).
- Lastly, add crab and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- While potatoes, corn and sausage are cooking, Start making the boil sauce.
- In a large skillet over a low flame, melt butter. Be sure the flame is low enough so much as it doesn’t clarify the butter. Add chopped garlic, stir to combine and cook on low heat for 1 min.
- Add all seasonings and stir to combine. Cook for 1 min.
- Add bone broth and increase heat to medium-high. Cook mixture for 15 minutes.
- Once sauce has reduced and slightly thickened, add lemon juice and stir mixture. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp has cooked through, 3-4 minutes.
- Lower flame and add sausage, potatoes, corn and mix well with sauce.
- Plate boil on a large platter and place crab legs on the outermost part of the platter.
- Scoop remaining sauce and place in ramekin as it will be used as a dipping sauce for the crab meat.
- Sprinkle parsley over the crab + shrimp boil and serve with lemon wedges.
Have plently of napkins handy. This fun eats and can get a little messy. Enjoy