Creamy Garlic Mushroom Pork Chops
By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:45 minutes
- 3 pork chops ('chops), bone-in or boneless
- flour for dredging
- 1 tablespoon ghee or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 8 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1½ cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- ¾ cup chicken bone broth
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
To Serve -steamed rice
- Rinse your chops and pat dry. Add a whisper of salt & pepper on both sides coat them in the flour.
- Add ghee or cooking oil and 1 tbsp of butter to a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan gets hot, add the chops and cook on each side for 5-6 mins or until it's crisp and golden. If you have a cooking thermometer, check the thickest part of the chop for temperature and cook until you get a reading of 140°. Once thoroughly cooked, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add remaining butter to the pan. Add the garlic cloves. Cook garlic for 1-2 mins stirring often until fragrant. Add mushrooms and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add chicken broth and garlic powder to the pan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3 mins or until the liquid has reduced.
- Stir in cream and add the chops back to the pan. Cook for 4 mins. Once the sauce has reduced, stir in parsley. Done!
- To plate, slice chops thinly and place over a bed of rice. Spoon creamy mushroom sauce on top and serve.