Fish Sauce Meatballs
By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:1 hour 5 minutes
- Servings:10-14 meatballs
- 1lb ground chicken thigh*
- ¼ cup cilantro stems, finely chopped
- ¼ cup green onion, white and green parts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1½ tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (add more if you like it spicy)
- dash of kosher salt
- lime for squeezing
- cilantro, chopped
- Add ingredients to a bowl and mix well. If you have time to marinate the mixture for 1 hour in the refrigerator–great! If not, proceed to the next step.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Shape into golf-sized balls and space out on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, flipping the meatballs at the halfway mark. If you have a cooking thermometer, check the thickest part and aim for a temperature reading of 165°F–the meatballs will be done at that point.
- If you want to add a bit of color to the meatballs, turn the heat up to broil and broil for 1 minute.
- Remove from oven and enjoy with steamed rice, and a squeeze of lime
*Note: For juicy, tender meatballs use chicken thigh as ground chicken breast may yield dry meatballs