Ginger Shrimp and Snow Peas
By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:45 minutes
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 lb large shrimp, deveined, shells optional
- 1 tbsp avocado oil, 1 tsp addtl. if needed*
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- ⅔ cup cup chicken broth
- 3 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1¼ teaspoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
- pinch of red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoon ginger
- 2 teaspoon garlic
- 6 ounces snow peas, strings removed
- Combine water, kosher salt in a large bowl and stir until salt has dissolved. Add shrimp in a bowl and let stand for 5 mins. (can work on next step while waiting for shrimp)
- Rinse under cold water and dry on paper towels
- While waiting for shrimp, add avocado oil, soy sauce, chicken broth, rice vinegar, sugar, white pepper, and red chili flakes to a bowl and whisk to mix ingredients well.
- Heat a wok or skillet over high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add shrimp and cook for 30 secs on each side (don’t worry, shrimp will continue to cook as you add ingredients).
- Add garlic and ginger and stir continuously for 1 min. If needed, add an additional 1 tsp of oil to the pan.
- Add snow peas and stir-fry for 1 min longer.
- Add sauce mixture and bring to a boil. Cook until shrimp are cooked through.
Enjoy over steamed jasmine rice.