Grilled Peach Panzanella with Burrata
By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:25 minutes
- 3 heaping cups bite-sized torn focaccia, day-old or few days old
- Quality olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound ripe yellow peaches, cut into wedges
- 1 4-ounce burrata ball, removed from refrigerator 15 minutes before salad assembly.
- ½ cup torn basil leaves
- Maldon salt flakes
- Avocado oil spray
Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- 1 tablespoon quality olive oil
- 2¼ teaspoons quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon maple syrup
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill pan to med/high and preheat oven to 400°F
- Start by making the dressing. Add all ingredients to a small bowl and give it a good whisk. Set aside for later use.
- Tear focaccia bread into small bite-sized pieces and add to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Drizzle olive oil and season with kosher salt. Mix well so that bread bites have an even coating of olive oil.
- Place on a baking sheet and toast for 5 minutes or until bread is completely dried out and edges begin to brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Once grill pan gets hot, spray with avocado oil spray. Add peaches, cut-side down. Grill 2 minutes each side, or until each side begins to caramelize. Place on a plate and set aside.
- In a salad bowl add grilled peaches and toasted bread bites. Top with fresh basil and add torn pieces of burrata. Drizzle dressing over bread bites and leave for 5 minutes to allow bread to absorb dressing and soften a bit (don’t worry, it won’t get mushy).
- Top with Maldon salt flakes. Enjoy!