Jammy Egg and Za'atar Toast
By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:15 minutes
- Servings:1 toast
- 1 slice sourdough rye bread
- 1 egg, boiled for 7½ minutes
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- ½ teaspoon za’atar
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- fleur de sel salt to taste (optional)
- ¼ cup pea shoots or microgreens
- Bring a 3-quart saucepan filled with water to a boil. Use a slotted spoon to carefully place egg into boiling water and cook for exactly 7½ minutes. Meanwhile, fill a medium-sized bowl with cold water and ice. When the egg is done cooking, transfer to the ice bath.
- Once the egg is cool (~2 minutes), peel under running water and set aside.
- Slice bread to desired thickness and toast for desired amount of time.
- Use one half of the garlic clove and rub against the entire surface of the toast.
- Apply a layer of cream cheese and sprinkle ¼ teaspoon of Za’atar. Cut jammy egg in half and place on top. Sprinkle the remaining za’atar and add olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Top with pea shoots or microgreens and serve. Enjoy!