Jerusalem Artichoke Soup
By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:1 hour 15 minutes
- 1½ lb Jerusalem artichokes, peeled + roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large leek, lighter green + white part cut into ¼ inch coins
- ⅓ cup shallots, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3½ cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- crème fraîche for topping
- Melt butter in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add leek, shallots and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Jerusalem artichokes and cook for 3 minutes, stirring each minute.
- Add vegetable broth and salt. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer. Cook for 45 minutes.
- With an immersion blender, blend the mixture until you get a thick, creamy soup. If you’re using a traditional blender, carefully ladle soup, only filling the blender ⅔ full.
- Add pepper to taste topp with crème fraîche if using.
Serve & enjoy!