Lemon Caper Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:35 minute
- 1 large head cauliflower
- avocado oil spray
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon good quality olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1½ tablespoons capers, lightly chopped
- 1½ teaspoons lemon zest
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Remove the green trimming and stem from the bottom of head.
- Hold cauliflower upright and slice directly through the middle. Hold one of the halves and cut one steak–about 1-1½ inches. Repeat until all steaks are cut. Don’t discard the little pieces as you cut steaks and add to baking sheet.
- Spray both sides of cauliflower steak with avocado oil. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and place on a baking sheet.
- Roast in oven and cook for 15 minutes or until side facing baking sheet is crisp and golden. Flip and repeat.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and add olive oil. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add capers, lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir until ingredients are incorporated. Set aside.
- Once both sides are golden and roasted, remove from oven.
- Spoon lemon caper mixture over cauliflower and top with freshly grated parmesan. Enjoy!