By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:25 minutes
- Servings:16 ounce jar
- ¾ cup good quality olive oil, + 2 teaspoons-I use Brightland’s Alive
- 8 ounces feta, preferably sheep or sheep + goat milk
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 2 cloves of garlic, aim for larger cloves
- 1 lemon - ½ juiced + 3 slices, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- 2½ teaspoons black peppercorn, lightly crushed
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt, I use Diamond brand
- 2 bay leaves
- 16-ounce sterile jar
- basting brush
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add lemon slices and garlic cloves to a half baking sheet. Pour 2 teaspoons of olive oil and roast for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven, set aside.
- Cut feta into 1-inch pieces and add to a 16 ounce sterile jar.
- Add feta, rosemary, chili flakes, garlic, lemon slices, lemon juice, lightly crushed peppercorns, bay leaves, then pour in olive oil. Cover and chill for 24 hours.
- Remove from fridge 1 hour before serving to allow oil return to liquid form.
- Enjoy with crostini, beans, eggs, salad, pasta, fish, roasted vegs.