Panko and Parmesan Crusted Baked Cod
By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:35 minutes
- ⅔ cup panko crumbs
- Avocado spray
- olive oil, good quality
- ⅓ cup freshly grated parmigiano reggiano
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 large cloves of garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1½ teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt + more for seasoning cod fillets
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 4 6-ounce cod fillets
- 4 lemon wedges for squeezing
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- On a small baking tray add panko and gently spray with avocado oil. Bake in oven for 4 minutes or until golden brown. This will give your crust a nice, golden color. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a casserole dish, add enough olive oil to coat the bottom.
- Cut cod fillets into 6 ounce pieces. Season both sides with salt and pepper and add to casserole dish. Cook for 11 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, add freshly grated parmesan, garlic, rosemary, panko, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, lemon zest, and melted butter. Mix well to coat. Set aside.
- Remove fish from oven and pour lemon juice on fillets. Carefully add panko parmesan mixture on top. Gently push on the top to set the crust.
- Place in oven and cook for 11 minutes. If fillets are thicker, you may have to cook for 1-2 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing. Finish the top with a sprinkle of salt (optional).