Pea and Prosciutto Crostini
By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:25 minutes
- Servings:12 Crostini
- 1⅓ cup fresh or frozen peas
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmigiano reggiano
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, I use Diamond brand
- 1½ tablespoons good quality olive oil + 2 tablespoons for brushing, I use Brightland’s Alive
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ lemon, zest for garnish
- 1 large garlic clove, halved
- Mint for garnish, chiffonade or cut into thin strips
- 1 ciabatta baguette, sliced into 12 ½-inch diagonal slices
- ¼ pound prosciutto, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven on Broil setting.
- Slice baguette into 12 ½-inch diagonal slices.
- Brush both sides with olive oil and place on a baking sheet.
- Toast for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crisp.
- While toast is still warm, rub halved garlic clove on one side of crostini–be sure to rub the edges with garlic, too!
- Once each toast is rubbed with garlic, set aside.
- Bring a medium saucepan with 2½ cups of water to a boil. Add peas and blanch; 2 minutes or until tender for fresh peas, 1 minute for frozen peas.
- Drain peas and place in a bowl. Using the back of a fork, mash peas just enough so that it resembles a textured spread.
- Add parmesan, kosher salt, olive oil, lemon juice and mix well. Taste mixture and adjust seasoning with kosher salt, if needed.
- Arrange crostini on a platter. Spread pea mixture on crostini. Top with prosciutto and garnish with mint and lemon zest. Enjoy!