Pistachio Pesto Pasta
By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:20 minutes
- 2 cups fresh basil, leaves only
- ¼ cup pistachios
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup good quality olive oil - I use Brightland’s Awake
- ¾ cup parmigiano reggiano, freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt + more to taste
- ¾ cup reserved pasta water
- 12 ounces pasta of choice - cavatelli, ziti, penne, casarecce, spaghetti
- Combine basil, pistachios and garlic cloves in a food processor. Process on high until mixture is minced.
- Switch processing speed to low and slowly add olive oil.
- Add parmigiano reggiano incrementally, followed by lemon juice and kosher salt and continue to process on low until smooth and combined. Place in a small bowl and cover.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta until al dente. Reserve ¾ cup of pasta water. Drain the pasta and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add four tablespoons of pesto and mix well. Gradually add ¼ cup pasta water. Toss to coat and adjust seasoning with salt and freshly cracked pepper if needed or more water if the pasta appears dry.
- Enjoy immediately.