Poached Chicken and Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Total Time:50 minutes
Chicken + Rice
- 2 chicken breasts, bone-in, skin removed
- 2-inch ginger knob, cut into coins
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 pandan leaves
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked rice
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- ½ cup peanut butter (I use Spread the Love’s Naked Crunch)
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1 inch knob ginger, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ cup water or chicken broth, warmed
- Cucumbers, sliced
- Cilantro, chopped
- In a medium pot, bring 5 cups of water to a boil along with ginger, garlic, salt, and pandan leaves. Carefully add chicken into the pot and bring to a boil again. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15-mins. The heat should be high enough for a soft boil.
- After 15 minutes, turn off the heat, and leave the chicken to continue cooking in the pot for 15 minutes. Do not remove the lid.
- Test the chicken to make sure it’s cooked. Pierce the thickest part of the chicken. If the juices run clear, the chicken is cooked.
- Once you're ready to serve, remove the bone and slice chicken breast into thick slices. Until then, leave the chicken in the pot.
- Cook the rice as directed on the package. For more flavor, you can use the chicken broth from the pot containing the chicken breast. If you do this, wait until the chicken is cooked before using the broth.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until you have a smooth consistency.
- Pour the sauce in a small container for later use.
Once the rice, chicken, and peanut sauce are ready, assemble your plate. Start with the rice, top it with slices of chicken breast, and pour the peanut sauce over the chicken. Serve with cucumbers and chopped cilantro–