Roasted Potatoes with Ginger Scallion Oil
By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:1 hour
- 1lb yukon gold potatoes
- kosher salt
- garlic powder
- avocado oil spray
- ¼ cup scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Cut potatoes into quarters. Soak in water for 10-15 minutes.
- Spray baking sheet with avocado oil and place in oven for a few minutes before potatoes finish soaking.
- Drain water and pat potatoes dry with a paper towel. Remove baking sheet from oven and spray potatoes with avocado oil and season with garlic powder and kosher salt.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until potatoes are nicely crisp on the outside.
- Start working on the scallion oil while the potatoes are cooking.
- Add chopped scallions, ginger, garlic, and kosher salt to a 16oz sterile, heatproof jar.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes. If you have a kitchen thermometer handy, you want the temperature of the oil to reach 350ºF. If you don't have a thermometer, you'll want to achieve a noticeably thin, shimmery oil.
- Carefully pour the oil into the jar containing the ingredients. You’ll notice a good amount of sizzling as the oil comes into contact with the ginger-scallion ingredients, that’s expected.
- Leave the oil to cool for to room temperature (20 mins).
- Once you remove potatoes from the oven, transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add 2-3 tbsps of ginger-scallion oil to the bowl and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
- Remaining scallion oil will keep in refrigerator for 1 week.