Rosemary Parmesan Chicken
By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:45 minutes
- 3 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 chicken breast, boneless skinless and removed from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 1½ teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely minced
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan
- ¾ cup panko crumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely minced shallot
- ¾ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ½ teaspoons olive oil
- two bunches of arugula
- ½ cup fennel, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Begin with making the dressing first. This will give the flavors time to marry.
- Add lemon juice, shallot, dijon mustard, garlic, kosher salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Slowly add olive oil and whisk until ingredients are emulsified. Set aside.
- Place chicken breast (one at a time) between two pieces of parchment paper. Using a mallet, pound the chicken until it is ¼ inch in thickness. Repeat with the other chicken breast. Season both sides with kosher salt and pepper.
- Start with 3 dinner plates. Add flour, kosher salt, and pepper to the first plate (mix well to combine), beaten egg in the second plate, and parmesan, rosemary, and flour in the third plate (mix well to combine).
- Keep one hand clean and free of assembly ingredients
- One at a time, dredge in flour and shake off excess. Proceed with dipping the chicken in the egg mixture, ensuring the chicken is coated well and gently shaking off excess egg. Place chicken into the last bowl and with your free hand, sprinkle panko and parmesan mixture over chicken until well-coated.
- Add oil and butter to a skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add chicken fillets and cook until both sides are a light, golden brown. Add more oil and butter, if needed.
- Remove from skillet and place on a wired rack or paper towel lined plate.
- In a mixing bowl, add arugula, fennel, parmesan and desired amount of dressing.
- Mix until well combined.
- Plate chicken breast and top with salad mixture.