By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:45 minutes
- 2 tablespoons ghee or avocado oil
- 2 hot italian chicken sausage links (from butcher)
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pimenton (or paprika)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 28-ounce can crushed San Marzano tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt, more as needed
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, more as needed
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 large eggs
- cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-low heat. Remove Italian sausage from casein and add to skillet. Break sausage into pieces.
- Once cooked thoroughly, add onion and bell pepper. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic and cook until tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in cumin, paprika and cayenne, and cook for 1 minute. Pour in tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Simmer until tomatoes have thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Gently crack eggs into skillet over tomatoes. Next, add crumbled feta. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until eggs are just set, 7-10 minutes.
6.Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with baguette.
Notes If eggs aren't set after 10 mins, lightly place foil on top of skillet and cook for an addition 3-7 mins.