Shrimp and Asparagus Stir-Fry
By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:20 minutes
- 2½ tablespoons avocado oil, split
- 1 pound 16/20 count shrimp, deveined + deshelled
- 1 pound asparagus, 1½ inch diagonal cut + tough ends removed
- 1½ tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1½ tablespoons garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt, + more to taste
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- ¼ cup water
- jasmine rice
- In a wok or skillet, add 1¼ tablespoons avocado oil and sauté ginger and garlic until fragrant 1-2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and red chili flakes and cook until shrimp are pink. Be sure to not overcook shrimp.
- Remove shrimp, garlic and ginger from wok and place in a bowl. Set aside.
- Add remaining 1¼ tablespoons avocado oil, asparagus and kosher salt to wok. Stir constantly and cook for 2 minutes. Return shrimp mixture to wok. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add oyster sauce and ¼ cup water. Cook for one minute. Test asparagus you want the texture to be tender-crisp, not soft and soggy.
- Serve over jasmine rice. Enjoy!