Sinangag-Filipino Garlic Rice
By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:15 minutes
- 3 cups of day-old rice (room temp)
- 1 tablespoon ghee or avocado oil
- 1½ tablespoon garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt + more to taste
- Make sure day-old rice is cold or at room temperature. Break up rice with hands to loosen any clumps. Set aside.
- Heat skillet on medium heat. Add ghee (or cooking oil) + garlic and sauté until lightly golden brown and fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
- Add rice and mix well. With your cooking utensil, fold the rice to really blend the garlic-oil flavor. Cook for 3-minutes.
- Add salt and mix well again. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with a fried egg, stir-fry vegetables or grilled meat. Enjoy