Spicy Pork and Mushroom Bowl
By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons dried woodear mushrooms, rehydrated
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1½ tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 tablespoons doubanjiang, chili black bean paste
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- steamed rice
- Place wood ear mushrooms in a bowl. Add very hot (near boiling) water, enough to cover mushrooms and cover bowls with a lid or plate. Set aside to rehydrate for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok or skillet over high medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add pork and cook until most of the pink is lo longer showing.
- Add doubanjiang paste and stir fry for 2 minutes. As you stir, use the back of your spoon to press the doubanjiang into the ground pork.
- Lower heat to simmer and add soy sauce, wood ear mushrooms, and water. Cook until some of the sauce has absorbed. Remove from heat and serve with steamed rice.