Spicy Sausage and Kale Soup
By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:40 minutes
- ½ lb spicy Italian chicken sausage, caseins removed
- 1½ tbsp ghee or avocado oil
- ½ large brown onion, diced
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- ½ lb baby yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1” pieces and place in a small bowl filled with water
- 1 bunch of lacinato kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- ¼ tsp salt + more to taste
- ½ tsp pepper + more to taste
- ¼ tsp pimentón or smoked paprika
- 4 cups chicken bone broth
- In a dutch oven, cook sausage until thoroughly cooked. Remove sausage from dutch oven and set aside. Discard fat from sausage and place back on the stove.
- Heat dutch oven over medium-high heat and add ghee or avocado oil. Add onion + garlic and cook until fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Add oregano, salt, pepper, pimentón and cook for 1 min.
- Add potatoes and cook for 3 mins.
- Add sausage and kale and cook until kale is wilted.
- Add bone broth and bring contents to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover dutch oven with lid. Cook for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Enjoy with sourdough bread and freshly grated parmesan cheese.