Sungold Tomato Jam
By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:1 hour 10 minutes
- Servings:2 8-ounce jars
- 1½ pounds sungold tomato, stems removed
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1½ tablespoons ginger, freshly grated
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon pimenton or paprika
- 1 teaspoon groun cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, I use Diamond Crystal brand
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and stir often.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally. Continue cooking for about 1 hour or until mixture has thickened and has a jam-like consistency. You’ll know when it’s done when you scrape the spoon along the bottom of the pan and the liquid remains divided, creating a path.
- Divide jam into 2 8-ounce clean, sterilized jars and leave on counter to cool.
Place a lid on both jars and store in refrigerator. Jam will keep for up to two weeks.