Sweet and Spicy Gochujang Wings
By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:55 minutes
- Servings:24 party wings
- 24 party wings or 12 wings; drumettes and wings separated, removed from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking
- Avocado oil for brushing
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- ½ cup gochujang
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, grated or finely minced
- Baking Sheet
- Wire rack
- Basting brush
- Mixing bowl
- Roasted sesame seeds, to top
- Sliced green onion, to top
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Rinse party wings. Pat dry with a paper towel ensuring wings are dry.
- Place a wire rack inside baking sheet. Place party wings on rack, equidistant from each other.
- Brush both sides of party wings with avocado oil, followed by seasoning both sides with kosher salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes, flipping at the halfway point.
- While wings are baking, start on the sauce. Add all sweet and spicy gochujang sauce ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Remove wings from oven. Add to mixing bowl and toss to coat with sauce.
- Top with roasted sesame seeds and green onions. Enjoy!