Thai Basil Chicken
By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:20 minutes
- 1lb chicken thigh, boneless + skinless and chopped into small pieces
- 1½ tablespoons avocado oil or ghee
- ¼ cup shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Thai bird’s eye chili, deseeded + chopped (optional)
- 1½ teaspoons brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon fish sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 35-45 Thai basil leaves, separated from stems
- steamed jasmine rice
- fried egg (optional, but highly recommend!)
- In a small bowl, add brown sugar, oyster sauce, light + dark soy sauces, fish sauce, and water and whisk until brown sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- In a wok or skillet over medium-high heat, add avocado oil. Add shallots and garlic, and saute for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add chili and mix stir to combine.
- Add chicken and cook for 4 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Pour in sauce mixture and mix well, make sure chicken is coated in mixture. Cook for 1 minute or until sauce is slightly reduced.
- Turn off flame and add holy basil. Stir until leaves are wilted.
- Serve with steamed rice and enjoy!