Tuna Couscous Salad
By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:25 minutes + 1 hour refrigerator once salad is assembled
- 2 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1½ tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
Pearled Couscous Salad
- 1½ cup pearled couscous
- 1 tablespoon good quality olive oil
- 12 castelvetrano olives, pitted and halved
- ¼ cup shallots, finely diced
- ¼ cup flat leafed parsley, chopped
- 1½ tablespoons dill, chopped
- 1 can yellowfin tuna in olive oil, drained and flaked with a fork
- Cook pearled couscous according to the package. Once cooked, rinse under cold water. This will prevent the couscous from sticking together as it cools. Drain well and place couscous in a mixing bowl. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and mix well.
- While pearled couscous is cooking, add all lemon vinaigrette dressing ingredietns to a bowl. Mix well to combine and set aside.
- Add castelvetrano olives, shallots, flat leafed parsley, dill, and tuna to the bowl and mix well to combine. Add dressing and fold the mixture with a spoon. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour to allow flavors to meld.
- Serve and enjoy!