Tuna Poke Bowl
By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:30 minutes; including time to make rice
- 2 cups,short-grain rice, uncooked
- 5½ tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound sushi-grade ahi tuna, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 5 green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- ¼ sweet onion, thinly sliced
- Sesame Seeds, white and black
- extra wasabi paste
- shredded nori
- Cook rice according to package
- 5 minutes before rice is cooked, add rice vinegar, sugar and kosher salt to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until sugar and salt fully dissolves.
- Incrementally pour over cooked rice and mix well, ensuring seasoning is evenly distributed.
- Leave rice in cooker until ready to serve.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, lemon juice, green onion, wasabi paste to a bowl. Mix well until wasabi breaks down into sauce mixture.
- Add tuna, sweet onion and black and white sesame seeds to your liking. Mix well again. Adjust seasoning with more soy sauce, if necessary.
- To plate, scoop sushi rice into a bowl. Top with poke and finish with shredded nori, if using.