By Whisper of Yum
- Total Time:12 hours 15 minutes
- 1 pound salmon belly fillet, skin on, cut into ½-¾ inch thick pieces
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon yuzu juice
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 teaspoon sake
- Avocado oil spray
- steamed jasmine rice
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce + ¼ teaspoon yuzu served together in a ramekin
- Add yuzu, soy sauce, mirin and sake to a small bowl and mix well.
- Place sliced salmon in a resealable freezer bag or container with a lid and pour marinade over fillets.
- Marinate overnight or at least 5 hours, rotating the bag once or twice. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before ready to broil.
- Preheat broiler and place rack 6 inches from the heating apparatus.
- Line baking sheet with foil and spray with avocado oil spray. Place fillets on baking sheet and broil until cooked through 4-7 minutes. Time will vary depending on oven. Keep an eye on the fish while cooking!
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with steamed jasmine rice.